NTXB LLC has some BIG news!
We are thrilled to announce that we will be holding NewYearsChievia! December 31, 2021-January 2, 2022 at Armadillo Acres! It’s been a long two years since we have all been Home to those Piney Woods.
Tickets will be limited and will go on sale via a lottery starting November 1. From November 1st to November 30th, you will have the opportunity to register digitally for up to two tickets. We are still working out the details on the lottery so bear with us, but we do know that proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 will be required at the time of registration, in addition to your contact and credit card information. Ticket holders will be randomly selected in the first week of December. Tickets will be $100 each, including taxes and fees.
We will also be honoring our Critical Volunteer Ticket Codes from our event in 2019, so if you received a code for that previously, you should expect to get information about purchasing your tickets soon. The window for CV ticket holders will be November 1st through November 30th, as well.
Wait… so did I read that right?
YES! COVID-19 vaccinations will be required to attend this event.
This sadly means we will be unable to have children this time around. This event will be 18 and up due to resources necessary for our added COVID protocols. Which, in addition to requiring vaccination, will also include a screening questionnaire and temperature check prior to admittance, additional handwashing and sanitization stations, onsite testing available for our medical teams, and masking required for volunteers where social distancing is not possible. Masking and social distancing will also be encouraged for all participants and theme camps.
Be on the lookout for more information from your friendly neighborhood Batcave Representatives about ways YOU can help! We can’t wait to be Home with all of you again.
Greetings fellow burners!
We know that you’ve been awaiting our announcement regarding Myschievia 2021 and that day has arrived. We have not taken this decision lightly. We began planning for this decision early in 2021. We have carefully watched all CDC guidelines, consulted with an epidemiologist, our landowners, and our leadership teams and obtained community input.
Based on our findings and the current recommendations of both the CDC and our respected epidemiologist, NTXB LLC would not be able to safely conduct an event this year with our current resources and infrastructure. It is with heavy hearts that we must cancel our event for 2021.
We thank everyone for all of the work they have put into planning thus far and especially we thank our community for understanding and keeping the flames alive while we await our next opportunity to commune as one. We do still plan for Myschievia to return soon and will still be honoring our Critical Volunteer ticket codes from Myschievia 2019. We hope to have a few other surprises in the works, in person or virtually, as we continue to support each other in our community.
We implore everyone that can to get vaccinated so a return to normal is met with open & enthusiastic arms. We hope to have more positive news for our next announcements. Take care of yourselves and each other.
We are, as you're probably aware, closely monitoring the current covid-19 trends so we can make a determination on Myschievia 2021.
One of our Participants, an epidemiologist for the Emerging and Infectious Disease Unit with the state of Texas, has been working with the covid response since March and has been corresponding with us about probability for a burn this year. While no decisions have been made yet, we want to be as transparent as possible in decision making and are sharing his opinion, as it's coming from an actual scientist.
There are several factors we need more information on before a decision can be made.
1) The vaccine rollout. It's currently believed that herd immunity requires 70% or more of the population to be vaccinated, so the further below 70% we are, the more risky it becomes.
2) The state of the pandemic. Currently, we don't expect the curve to really start flattening until sometime in Feb. at the earliest. The new strains (UK, South Africa), will drive numbers up (but might be offset by vaccinations). It's possible that another strain arises between now and Oct. and scuttles any prior planning.
3) Immunity and Transmission. We don't know how long immunity lasts from either having had covid or having a vaccine. Reinfection is rare, and the immunity gained from having caught the disease is believed to be at least 5 months.
4) In-Person Protective Measures. The efficacy of requiring masks, social distancing, and providing sanitizing stations, etc
Where We Are Leaning Right Now
We are really just waiting for this additional data in May so we can see how the vaccination efforts are progressing and see if we get any more conclusive answers about transmission. We are thinking of setting a go/no go date in May, which would still leave time for planning. Probably starting around end of March/April to start looking at staffing for planning (virtually of course) and then see what the data says in May.
Just wanted to keep y'all updated! Stay safe!
The people have spoken and we'll be doing a live virtual Myschievia this year!
NTXB LLC and your Batcave members are in the process of setting up a Discord server to host our socially distanced burn, complete with theme camps, an amazing effigy, and all the great music from your favorite camp DJs!
Register your theme camp here to be a part of this year's virtual Myschievia and keep an eye on the official Myschievia Facebook page, the NTXB LLC Facebook page and this blog for more information!
It is with a regretful & heavy heart that your NTXB LLC in conjunction with Armadillo Acres has to inform you that we will be cancelling Myschevia 2020. As you know we have been deliberating for many months on how to handle our event safely, if at all. After much thought & communication with the landowner we both agreed it was in everyone’s best interest.
That said, the VIP (Volunteer Incentive Program) tickets will still be valid for the next event for those that qualify. Next week NTXB LLC will provide all VIP qualifiers an email that states this information. So, be on the lookout & save it in your archive!
As far as NTXB finances are concerned, we are currently in good standing to cover all NTXB related expenses for at least 18 months. We hope that in 2021 mass gatherings can commence & we can plan for a successful event.
Burns across the United States & the world have also had to cancel due to COVID-19. Cyberspace has been known to be the channel with which we can continue the spirit of our burn community. Check in with community organizers via Facebook for possible virtual events to attend.
Our reasoning behind moving up the release of our decision were due to several factors - the current climate of civil unrest, COVID-19 trending upwards after the incremental reopening & the owners of Armadillo Acres needing to make a statement promptly & concurrently. We respectfully urge you to follow www.cdc.gov & your local government for any & all COVID-19 related updates & safety measures. This is a link you can visit for COVID-19 testing www.hhs.gov. Please take care of yourselves! Hydrate! Take your vitamins! Eat well! Rest!
Again, this decision was not made lightly & given the nature of this virus, not justifiable to move forward.
In addition to the above, NTXB LLC cares about the safety of our participants of color. We'd like to officially state that we vehemently oppose racism & are in full support of the Black Lives Matter movement.
Please stay safe everyone, we miss you!
Hello fellow Myschievians!
The LLC of NTXB wanted to take a minute to apprise you, our community, of our latest decision in light of the current information we have regarding COVID-19. We have decided to delay ticket sales by an additional month. This means those that qualify for VIP (Volunteer Incentive Program) tickets will be able to purchase tickets starting noon on July 1st through noon on July 31st. General Admission and Art tickets will go on sale on Sunday August 2nd at noon.
We understand that the information regarding gathering and events is still changing, and is likely to continue to change as time goes on and more advancements regarding this virus are made. Therefore, we believe it prudent to give ourselves more time before needing to make further decisions about whether to move forward with ticket sales or not. This time is necessary for us, as a team, to develop contingency plans for what to do for you the community and for the event to remain solvent and continue for future years, in the event that we do cancel. Time will also give us the most recent and up to date information and recommendations from the CDC and WHO, which will allow us to make the best decisions possible. At this time, we are planning as though the event will continue, while simultaneously planning for cancelling the event. We have set July 1 as our official cut off date for deciding whether to move forward or to cancel, in order to honor all of our volunteers’ time and ensure we do have enough time to plan a successful event, should that be the case.
In the meantime, please know we deeply miss all of you, our community. We hope you are all well and finding small joys in these unusual times. We have a few things being planned for you, to keep our sense of community alive, so be on the lookout for those.
Wear your masks and wash your hands!
We know this is on the forefront of everyone’s minds right now. We wanted to take a minute to let everyone know what we (the LLC) are doing to monitor the situation. As of right now, we are closely watching sources with reliable data about the numbers of reported cases. We are also working with other events to share resources and information regarding this pandemic. We of course plan to follow the recommendations of Cass county, the state of Texas, and any national guidelines or recommendations from CDC/WHO. At this time, we are simply monitoring, as we know that information and numbers are rapidly changing on a daily basis. We will continue to plan for our event to happen, but we have agreed that for the safety and well being of everyone involved, we will reevaluate as we approach our ticket sale windows.
In the meantime, if you feel you may have been exposed to COVID-19, we ask that you seek immediate medical attention and do not attend any events, NTXB sponsored or otherwise. We urge you all to consider what’s best for you and your families/people you come into contact with as we all try to navigate these uncertain waters. We also encourage our communities to follow CDC and WHO guidelines to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. You can find more information at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
As always, if you have questions or concerns, feel free to email us here.
Stay calm and wash your hands!
If you weren't able to attend this month's Town Hall, the LLC made several announcements regarding our current and future goals, and what that means for y'all.
Yesterday, we had our first official sit down with our attorney to begin the process of converting our corporation to a non-profit organization. This process requires a lot of work on our part, and an increase in overhead costs; however, the benefits far outweigh the cons.
For starters, once non-profit, we can fundraise for specific goals, departments or projects. It will free up funds from taxes for more art, and remove the necessity for the current restrictive art grant cap.
With the increase in costs all over, NTXB has voted to both increase the ticket cap and ticket prices.
General Admission Ticket: $100
Art Ticket: $140
Child Ticket: $50 (this will stay the same price).
The Volunteering Incentive tickets will be available for those who qualify from June 1st through June 27th.
The General Admission sale will begin on June 28th at noon.
Click here for the LLC presentation from Town Hall.
Any questions can be directed to the NTXB email.
What does BEHOLD! mean?
Get ideas on how to make it your own by watching the theme slideshow presented at Townhall here!
We've been posting about it for about a month and a half now on the Facebook Page and the Unofficial Group.
"We didn't have enough time!" you said.
"You know we don't do well with deadlines!" you said.
"We wanted to join the Batcave in an Art, Participants or Media capacity but we didn't know that was the plug that was going to satisfy the butthole of our hearts until is was too late!" you said.
Hey, y'all, if you're interested in joining the Batcave in one of the following capacities:
NOW IS YOUR TIME TO FUCKING SHINE.
We happen to have positions open for each of those
2017-2021 Information Manager, Viv, is an Amazon potato who lives under a bridge, occasionally popping out to throw cabbages at edge lords.